If you travel a lot, yet still love to play video games, a portable gaming monitor may be right for you. Lots of fun, cool features, and absolutely no hassle.
If you’re an avid gamer, you know that graphics are super important. Games like Battlegrounds and GTA V would not be nearly as fun if everything was blurry. Graphics may not be the foundation of most games, but they’re one of the most important gameplay factors. To put this into perspective, imagine going on vacation. You’re staying in a hotel in a different country, and the television in your room is low quality. No where near high definition. How on Earth are you going to plug in your console and play some video games? What if the television doesn’t have the right ports and inputs? Afterall, it’s a different country with different manufacturing processes and standards! To solve this problem, and many problems like it, several companies have gone out of their way to create what’s called portable gaming monitors. These gaming monitors are all designed to be lightweight, portable, easy to use, and are super high quality.
Below you will find a list we’ve put together of the top eight portable gaming monitors being sold on Amazon’s website. Each portable gaming monitor has its own features, its own perks, and its own benefits, but they also have their own cons. Beneath each listing, you will find a pros and cons list intent upon summarizing each portable gaming monitor's descriptions. With all of this in mind, let’s jump right into the list!
Quick Links For Specific Uses:
- Option Number 1 - 15.6 Inch Lepow Portable Monitor HD
- Option Number 2 - Asus Zenscreen Go MB16AP 15.5 Inch HD Monitor
- Option Number 3 - AOC I1601FWUX 15.6 Inch HD Portable Monitor
- Option Number 4 - Acer PM161Q bu Portable Monitor 15.6 Inches
- Option Number 5 - HORI Universal HD Gaming Monitor
- Option Number 6 - GeChic 15031 m15.6 Inch Mobile Monitor
- Option Number 7 - ASUS MB169B+ 15.6 Inch Full HD Portable Monitor
- Option Number 8 - UPERFECT Portable Monitor 13.3 Inch HD
- Final Thoughts
Option Number 1 - 15.6 Inch Lepow Portable Monitor HD
The first option on our list will cost you approximately $200, and is definitely worth the price (in our opinion). This gaming monitor is 15.6 inches in size, and supports all mainstream gaming consoles. This includes all consoles from the Xbox series and the Playstation series, the Nintendo Switch, andmore. You’ll also find support for PC’s and laptops (including iOS Macbooks). This portable gaming monitor comes standard with all necessary ports and inputs, and is high definition. It comes with a screen protector and a built in Smart Cover. Most customers find that this particular gaming monitor has excellent colours, and is great to game on. To make this listing even better, this particular portable gaming monitor has dual speakers built in, making for an excellent gaming experience. Please refer to the below list of pros and cons for more information. This list is intent upon summarising this description.
Specifications: Net Weight: 1.7 lbs | Visual area: 344.16*194.59mm |Screen Size: 15.6 inch |Panel type:IPS | Aspect ratio: 16:9/ 4:3 | Resolution: 1920*1080
- This particular portable gaming monitor is known for its incredible colours.
- A lot of customers have claimed the built in speakers are fantastic and make for an excellent gaming experience.
- Supports virtually all consoles. You can even run this monitor from your phone.
- For some people two hundred dollars is a little excessive for a product they’ll only be using when not at home.
- Some customers report having difficult setting this particular gaming monitor up, however, the large majority have no problems.
Option Number 2 - Asus Zenscreen Go MB16AP 15.5 Inch HD Monitor
This particular portable gaming monitor is another excellent choice. It’s 15.6 inches in size, has a built in battery, is full HD, and includes all necessary ports and inputs. This particular gaming monitor will cost you about 300 hundred dollars. Like the previous option, this monitor also comes with a Smart Case that folds up for easy storage. The Asus Zenscreen is approximately 1.87 pounds in eight, and is less than half an inch thick (0.3 inches). Considering the fact that the built in battery lasts for a large portion of your day, and the monitor itself supports the majority of mainstream consoles, this portable gaming monitor is fantastic. Not many monitors come with built- in batteries. This feature allows you to use it without plugging it into a power source. This means you can watch movies off your phone or tablet in the middle of nowhere! Assuming you have data of course. Please refer to the below list of pros and cons for more information. This list is intent upon summarizing this description.
Specifications: Screen Size: 15" | Max Resolution: 1920 x 1080 pixels | Weight: 1.87 pounds | Colour: Black
- This particular portable gaming monitor supports all consoles from the Xbox series, all consoles, from the Playstation series, the Nintendo Switch, and more.
- This particular portable gaming monitor has a built in battery.
- High definition screen allowing for beautiful graphics and a fantastic gaming experience.
- Unfortunately you cannot use this monitor in the middle of nowhere for console gaming because the battery is simply not large enough to power your console and the monitor all at once.
- This particular portable gaming monitor will cost you about 300 hundred dollars. Far more than the previous option.
Option Number 3 - AOC I1601FWUX 15.6 Inch HD Portable Monitor
This particular portable gaming monitor has a lot of cool features that make it’s 200 hundred dollar price tag well worth it. First of all, this monitor is as high definition as it gets. Experience your favourite games anywhere you choose in high definition. Supreme colours, excellent visuals, and the most smooth transitions you’ll find from any monitor going. This particular option comes standard with SmartCover, and has all the necessary ports and units required to support most modern day consoles. This includes all consoles from the Xbox series, all consoles from the Playstation series, the Nintendo Switch, and more. Please refer to the below list of pros and cons for more information. This list is intent upon summarizing this description.
Specifications: Resolution: Full HD 1920 x 1080 | Screen Size: 15.6" | Connectivity: USB-C (requires DP Alt Mode support on device) | Compatible with MacBook
- This particular portable gaming monitor features support for virtually all mainstream gaming consoles. This includes the Xbox series, the Playstation series, the Nintendo Switch, and more.
- High definition graphics to support high quality games.
- Comes standard with SmartCover which is intended for protecting your portable gaming monitor when you’re not using it.
- This particular portable gaming monitor may lack some of the same features that other monitors on this list include.
- Some may argue that this monitor is not worth the 200 dollar price point.
Option Number 4 - Acer PM161Q bu Portable Monitor 15.6 Inches
This particular portable gaming monitor is one of the most affordable on this list, with a price of 160 dollars. This gaming monitor weighs about 2 pounds, and is just under an inch thin. Unfortunately some customers do complain that the amount of ports and inputs is somewhat lacking, although most believe that the HD graphics more than make up for the limitations. Especially when you take into account the low price. Another drawback of this particular gaming monitor is that it doesn’t come with the nice little fold up smart cover. Instead, this monitor has a sleeve you can slide it into to protect it from harm. When using this monitor you’ll notice an ergonomic tilt. Acer’s PM161Q includes a metal kickstand on the back of the device. It tilts anywhere from 15 degrees to 35 degrees. Please refer to the below list of pros and cons for more information. This list is intent upon summarizing this description.
Specifications: Screen Size: 15.6 inches | Screen Resolution: 1920 x 1080 | Weight: 3.53 pounds
- High definition screen making for a wonderful viewing experience
- Ergonomic metal kickstand offering tilts from 15 degrees to 35 degrees.
- Low price makes this one of the most affordable monitors on this list
- This particular gaming monitor is thicker than most of the other options on this list.
- This particular gaming monitor is also heavier than most of the other options on this list.
- This monitor does not come with a SmartCover, but rather, an external envelope style cover
Option Number 5 - HORI Universal HD Gaming Monitor
This hori portable hd gaming monitor is 15.6 inches in size, and is known for its slim and portable design. This is the monitor you’re going to want to choose if you’re always on the move. This monitor supports all HDMI systems, including the entire Xbox series, and the entire Playstation series. The monitor comes with a SmartCover, which is lined with high quality microfiber lining. You won’t have to worry about scratching this monitor when you’re not using it, that’s for sure. This monitor is high definition, and features an LCD screen. Unlike others on this list, this particular gaming monitor comes with built in speakers, allowing for you to really boost your gaming experience to the max. Please refer to the below list of pros and cons for more information. This list is intent upon summarizing this description.
Specifications: Screen Size: 15.6" | HD Display | Slim & Portable | Built-In Speakers
- High definition LCD screen enabling high quality visuals.
- Built in speakers to really maximize your gaming experience
- Lightweight and slim design allow you to keep it by your side while on the go.
- Supports all HDMI based systems.
- Unfortunately this particular monitor does not support 1080p game settings.
- Some customers say this option is great, but it doesn’t stand out from the rest
Option Number 6 - GeChic 15031 m15.6 Inch Mobile Monitor
This monitor is definitely an interesting addition to this list. Unlike the other listings, this monitor is actually a touch screen! This option (unlike the previous) supports 1080p settings in game, supports gestures and options from Windows 10 and 8.1, is super lightweight, and is under a quarter of an inch thick. All appropriate inputs and ports are included, and it supports a wide variety of consoles. With LED backlights and incredible viewing angles, this is a spectacular option. Please refer to the below list of pros and cons for more information. This list is intent upon summarizing this description.
Specifications: Resolution: 1920 x 1080 | Screen Size: 16.9" | Input Ports: HDMI, USB-C
- This particular gaming monitor is actually a touchscreen.
- Very lightweight and portable. Easy to store away and.
- Incredible viewing angles, along with built in speakers.
- Some customers prefer monitors that aren’t touchscreens, as touch screens tend to have advanced features that they simply don’t want.
- This option, due to its enhanced features, is about 350 dollars, making it a lot more expensive than counterparts.
- Some argue that this is more of a tablet than a monitor.
Option Number 7 - ASUS MB169B+ 15.6 Inch Full HD Portable Monitor
This portable monitor built by ASUS is a wonderful addition to this list. Not only does it come standard as an HD monitor, but the manufacturer is actually offering several trim levels. By choosing the level you’d like, you can get features like enhanced USB ports, Anti-Glare, WXGA, built in batteries, and more! This ASUS monitor is advertised as the thinnest and lightest portable monitor on the market. This means it’ll not only be super easy to keep on you at all times, it won’t take up all that much space when you use it. There’s nothing worse than trying to work and having a bulky monitor take up all your desk room! Please refer to the below list of pros and cons for more information. This list is intent upon summarizing this description.
Specifications: Display Resolution: 1920 x 1080 pixels | Aspect Ratio: 1.78:1 | Size: 15.6"
- Multiple trim levels and features/options to choose from.
- High quality visuals allowing for an incredible viewing experience.
- Anti-Glare and a built in battery available on higher trim levels.
- This portable monitor is not compatible with Apple’s MacBook series.
- Some customers say they think the prices are too high on the lower models. Some claim that lower models with lesser features are designed to be affordable, whereas this monitor is expensive and lacks features (on lower trim levels).
- Some argue that this is more of a tablet than a monitor.
Option Number 8 - UPERFECT Portable Monitor 13.3 Inch HD
This gaming monitor is an excellent option for those looking for something small. The average size of monitor for this list is 15.6 inches. For some people that’s way too big. This monitor however, is just over 13 inches in size. This makes it super easy to store, super easy to carry around, and simply won’t get in the way of your work. With gaming support, built in speakers, a full set of ports and inputs, and more, this is an excellent option. Please refer to the below list of pros and cons for more information. This list is intent upon summarizing this description.
Specifications: Resolution: 1920x1080 | Screen Size: 13.3 inches | Refresh Rate: 60 hertz
- Super lightweight design allowing for easy storage, use, and transport.
- High quality visuals allowing for high quality gaming.
- Full set of ports and inputs.
- 13.3 inches in size, making it ideal for those looking for a monitor smaller than the average
We sincerely hope this article helped you find a portable gaming monitor that fits your gaming style. Each option on this list has its own features, options, benefits, and drawbacks. Every monitor in the above list is high quality, supports most consoles, is lightweight and easy to store/use, and is relatively affordable. The above list contains options for those of all budget types as well. For more information on the products we covered in this article, we recommend either reaching out to us by electronic mail. You can also contact the product manufacturer or Amazon (the reseller) directly for more information.